Saturday, November 19, 2011

Buenos Aires

The best thing I can say about Buenos Aires right now is that it´s sunny and warm.  I just don´t know much else yet.

The 12 hour flight from Madrid involved 100 % fewer tears than flight nr. 1 of the day. So right there, it´s a good start.  I started with a pretty good (read, for airline food) ghocci and then promptly fell asleep.  I think I managed to doze restlessly for about 4 hours and managed to go a whole 6 before looking at the clock (ok, only two of theose were awake hours).  I kept myself entertained with Raiders of the Lost Ark and Monsters Inc as the flight only showed 4 movies and I was otherwise engaged for all of them.

I found the shuttle bus guy pretty easliy after finding my backpack without incident and had a pleasant if limited conversation in Spanish with the driver on the way to the hostel.  On the outside, the hostel is not much to speak of, but this is my first hostel experience so how do I supposed to know?

Nap time.  Looking forward to exploring the city later.




No comments:

Post a Comment