Thursday, November 17, 2011

The day before departure...

...was supposed to be filled with sleeping late, making cookies for the trip and helping the cats adjust to their new home for the next 5.5 months.  Instead I had to run by the mechanic, stop by the doctor, get a battery for my watch so I'm not pulling out my phone every time I need to know what time it is (will I REALLY need to know what time it is?), pick up a battery for my scale so I know how many kilos my backpack is (it has to be under 20, which is good cause if you know my back...), finish packing all the bits and bobs (meds for all possible purposes, books, chargers, miners light etc...) as well as face the fact that although I did a 2nd round of clothes elimination this morning, I may have to dump out the backpack again and go for round three.  And still deal with unhappy cats. And make cookies...

Yes, I'm getting excited and trying not to think about the flight (got 11 movies on my phone for distraction, now I just hope that I can charge it on the plane) but it is a wee bit stressful.  I was reminded this week by a very wise and insightful woman that this is probably the only chance in my life that I will ever get a full 5.5 months off of work to just relax and enjoy life.  So I shouldn't try to organize any fitness classes in the hostels.  Crap, how did she know I was thinking that? :-)

With a little luck and good plane vibes, my next update will come on Saturday from sunny Buenos Aires.

And thanks to all the well-wishers I have said goodbye to this week.  It really means a lot to feel such love and support.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy Bwixers :) Safe travels. Can't wait to read your adventures and see yo pics!!!
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete